There was a very large airing cupboard with a great deal of space behind that encroached on the ensuite. The space was almost ‘L’ shaped with the bath and shower both butting up against the walls of the cupboard. Our clients wanted to reduce the airing cupboard and asked us to move and replace all necessary pipework to create a much larger shower. Keeping a large separate bath was important as well as storage in here for the couple. We were to bare in mind the period features of the property and keep the bathroom feeling classic, but with a fun twist.
- We were able to work on both this room and the family bathroom at the same time which allowed us to ensure the plumbing work for the airing cupboard could be done and the shower increased in the ensuite.
- Keeping the toilet on the floor but with the cistern hidden helped the ‘classic’ feel of the space, and the brightly coloured mosaics paired with simple cream tiles for the rest of the bathroom ensured we added a bit of whimsy and fun. We didn’t want to fully tile the room as with a period property like this it does tend to lend itself to partial tiling.
- Choosing a vanity unit that was a real wood veneer ensured a classic luxurious feel. Matching a mirror cabinet for storage and hidden shaver socket ticked the clients’ boxes with space requirements.
- Keeping the shower and bath all inline enabled us to design a well put together space that flows efficiently. The half-height wall allows for the bath to be up against the shower and a useful shelf too.
- The glass for the shower was thought about considerably as we needed something minimal and streamlined as well as practical. We decided upon a bespoke piece of glass around the half-height wall which had a hinged panel attached. This hinged panel allows for easy entry to the shower space and helps to keep any splashing to a minimum and within the wet floor area.
Our clients were extremely pleased with the outcome of the bathroom. The space feels so much bigger than it did before and they adore the much larger shower. They are very pleased with the additional storage the vanity unit and mirror cabinet provide and love the simplicity of the WC area.
Ready to get started?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you about your bathroom project!