Our brief for this project was to create a functional family bathroom for a beautiful period home. We needed to add storage as a priority, replace the shower bath with a more modern and functional version. The room needed to feel more spacious and they wanted to update all the fixtures and fittings and add an element of fun as it will be mainly used by their children.
- Function is always a priority in a family bathroom. We wanted to create a bathroom that would stand the test of time and the demands that a family would make on it.
- As the existing layout of the room was perfect none of the items needed to be moved it was more about suggesting more functional, modern pieces that would be suitable for the family to use.
- Boxing in the plumbing and cistern for the WC helped to create a more streamlined look at the end of the bath as well as create a place for a mirrored recess.
- Choosing a very minimal basin emphasised the clean lines of the room. The dark finish of the unit was chosen to contrast and complement the light cream wall tiles.
- A modern Bette bath with specific showering area was the ideal solution.
- We paired this with Hansgrohe shower equipment ensuring a functional and enjoyable showering experience.
- Our designer chose not to fully tile this bathroom suiting the period property combining painted walls with tiled ones.
- For ease of cleaning, we installed a tiled skirting on the wall.
The family were delighted with the outcome of their bathroom. The children love the ‘proper’ shower they now have and enjoy using the room.
Ready to get started?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you about your bathroom project!